- Erica and I are finally married!! Planning and prep took up most of my March and all of my April (well, part of April was our awesome honeymoon in Napa, but still! Wedding-adjacent). We're finally settling back to normal, although most of June will be occupied with family wedding festivities.
- We really only made it two months into our "No TV for a year" commitment. After a few stressful nights in a row, we broke down in early March. I do have to say though, our "mindless" TV watching has decreased significantly, and we've even considered giving it another go over the summer.
- Even though we're watching TV again, we still have our limits. We're still eating in the dining room (No TV) and we didn't renew Netflix. We never did have cable, so we're really limited to network TV.
- Although we haven't been adhering to any crazy rules or 60-day challenges, we seem to have settled in to a pretty healthy eating routine. I've also done a pretty good job of keeping processed food out of my diet: at this point we're making pretty much everything from scratch!
- I've been calling myself "predominantly vegetarian," eating meat for dinner only about once a week, and even then it's usually fish. Erica, who's actually underweight at this point, is soon going to have to deviate from my habits and create something that works better for her. That's a big challenge that we face in the coming months, especially since we like to eat dinner together.
- I have, more or less, finally settled into a workout routine! I'm still ironing out the kinks in it, and running has not been working out as well as I'd hoped, but it's major progress. More on all this soon.
But for the immediate future, I have something interesting. I've been thinking about trying a juice cleanse to re-energize my interests in fruit-and-vegetable-based eating. According to everything I've read, someone of my body mass should only do a 3-day cleanse, so that's what I'm going to try. I'll post again in detail once I figure out the logistics and what recipes to use. Then I'll keep track of my progress, including how much I'm spending at the grocery store.
I have to say, These past few months have been amazing, but I'm really glad to be back to normal, and back to blogging!