Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 1--Back from Vegas; Back on the Wagon

Well.  Las Vegas is quite a city!  Erica and I went for the weekend, to attend an 11-11-11 wedding for some of our closest friends.  We packed a lot into the weekend, and it was so great to get to explore this giant adult playground with fifteen of our friends--it's a time I will never forget, and seriously one of the coolest and most unique weddings I've ever been to.

I took picture of pretty much everything I ate throughout the weekend, and I have to say, it's not pretty. I could have done worse, for sure, but Vegas is not a town of healthy eating.  Buffets, for starters, are a killer.  Vegetarians do not get their money's worth out of a buffet. Also, I definitely felt the pressure to eat a lot so I wasn't hungry until the next designated meal (because snacking, like everything in Vegas, is expensive).  But for what we were doing, and for the size of our party, they worked.  Also it helps if you're drunk--all food tastes amazing when you're drunk and hungry.  I was both when I made this wonderful combo of lo mein, mac & cheese, fried rice, and something else I don't even remember.

Hey, at least I also had a salad!

Anyway, it's behind me now, and I'm really excited to move on.  Today starts our 60-day water cleanse, and what a perfect time to start!  In addition to some celebratory beers, shots, margaritas, and gin & tonics, I ended up drinking some soda in Vegas (as is evident from the pic), and I had coffee several times.  So I couldn't wait to get back to normal.  I also can't wait to cook for myself.

So far so good, I'm not having any caffeine headaches this time around, and Erica is really on board with doing this with me.  Like I said, I don't plan on blogging about drinking water for sixty days, I'll have more fun stuff to put here.  I'm diving back into finding new stuff to cook, and Erica recently expressed an interest in trying "bulk cooking," so I'm excited to try that.  I'm back, clean eating, and I'm ready to knock it out of the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment